Visa: For the Purpose of Visiting Relatives / Friends
Documents to be provided by visa applicant
- A valid passport with at least 2 facing blank pages
- One 45mm x 35mm size photograph taken within the last 6 months
- 3. A completed and signed visa application form. Blank forms are available at Japanese Embassy Offices or you may use the downloadable Visa Application Form.
- Travel schedule or flight itinerary. This may be printed from the internet or be obtained from a travel agency.* Please Note: We are not responsible for tickets which are unusable due to delay or denial of visa.
- A recent bank statement showing sufficient funds for expenses in Japan – to be submitted by applicant or guarantor(s) if guarantor is bearing the applicant’s expenses. *Please note that screenshots are not accepted. The bank statement should include the following:
- The name of the account holder(s)
- The average balance over the last 3 months
- The current balance
- Amount and date of the last transaction
- The Bank's stamp
- Name of account holder(s)
- A print out of transactions over the last 3 months
- The Bank's stamp
- Proof of kinship if visiting relatives (ex. birth certificate, marriage certificate, an original copy of the family register (KOSEKI-TOHON/SHOHON) issued within the last 3 months)
- Proof of acquaintance if visiting friends (ex. photographs, letters, copy of e-mail)
Documents to be provided from Japan
- An Invitation Letter completed by guarantor. If the guarantor is the spouse of the visa applicant and is Japanese, a certified copy of the family register KOSEKITOHON should also be submitted
- An Itinerary in Japan form completed by the guarantor
- When there are multiple applicants, a completed List of Visa Applicants
If the applicant will be accomodated at their relative's or acquaintance's home the following should also be submitted:
1. More than one of the following documents from the relative or acquaintance:
- A recent bank statement
- The latest Certificate of Income or Taxation, issued by the head of administration of the place of residence.
- A Certificate of tax payment issued by the director of the tax office.
- A copy of the counterfoil of final tax return with the seal of reception of the Tax Office
3. A completed Letter of Guarantee
4. If the guarantor is a non-Japanese national, please submit the following
- A copy of both sides of the valid Residence Card (the Alien Registration Card
- A copy of the guarantor’s passport (including the page of status items, the record of entry/departure, and permission of residence)